Friday, February 03, 2006

A resolution

In the movie "Bridget Jones's Diary," Bridget swears off forming any romantic attachments to:

"alcoholics, workoholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits" and "perverts."

I think most women regularly have problems with men who are commitment-phobics, megalomaniacs and emotional fuckwits.

An example of an emotional fuckwit.

When a guy tells his girlfriend that it is not his job to support her emotionally the first time she confides in him about a problem regarding her job.

He then doesn't get why she breaks up with him right then and there.

Fuckwit: A person who is not only lacking in clue, but is apparently unable or unwilling to acquire clue even when handed it on a plate in generous portions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you had some guy say something along the lines like this to you?? I could NEVER even fathom those words coming out of my mouth. I wonder if my ex of 7 years would disagree...

Anonymous said...

True story. Yes, it happened to me. It was like a slap across the face.

Anonymous said...

You should blog about it then and we can make fun of that asswipe who did that to you.

Anonymous said...

Well perhaps some day I will.