Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Socks N' Things

Everyone at karate is an exhibitionist, or at least that seems to be the trend lately. Both the men and the women change with the door open.

Apparently, it's not a big deal to anybody but me. Not even to the little kids, or their parents who pick them up. (Although, I heard some people were disturbed when one of the men demonstrated a side thrust kick naked in front of the change room door. Thankfully, I didn't see that, otherwise I would be blind right now).

As a result, at karate, I change in the bathroom alone with the door closed, because I don't even like it if someone sees me changing my socks.

When did public nudity become acceptable? Did I go to sleep for 20 years and wake up to find that everyone has adapted a whole new set of social norms?

If karate starts to become like ancient wrestling, and is done in the buff, I think I'll have to take up something else.

No comments: