Thursday, May 31, 2007

The meaning of life.

I've been thinking about living life to the fullest lately and what that really means. To live a full life, do you have to live to the extreme--travel the world, sky dive, bungee jump, cure AIDS, and I don't know what else?

How much do we let fear rule our life and prevent us from following our dreams? How many artists are just hobbyists because they are scared to take the plunge into their craft professionally? "That's just not practical," some would say. How many people are government paper pushers, begrudgingly? For what, a large paycheck? Does money really mean anything if you're chained to a desk your whole life?

How am I holding myself back? That's the question I'm asking myself these days. What is it that I really want to do with my life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally. I've been thinking about this, too, and can't wait till my nicely-paid job ends on July 31 so I can resume exploring how I feel about these things. Feztickle.

Kelly said...

Well, whatever you decide to do, I'm sure you'll be good at.