Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Friendship

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friendships are a lot of work. It's very easy to get wrapped up in the here and now of your own life and lose touch with a friend.

And it's easy to assume that everyone already has their own life and isn't interested in hanging out with you, but you don't know until you ask.

According to Life's Little Instruction Calendar Volume XI: "The words, 'Would you like to join me for coffee?' can result in one of the greatest romances of all time." I would add to that friendships as well.

2 comments:

Rhett Soveran said...

I completely agree with that "You don't know until you ask". Very true. Go get em, Tiger.

Kelly said...

Thanks Rhett.

I was just thinking about the diverse collection of friendships I have and the simple origins of those friendships.

It's interesting how people come into our lives and how friendships develop over the years, eh?