Monday, January 08, 2007

Behind these walls...

Neighbouring apartment tenants are always interesting to listen to through the walls. It's not that you want to listen to them. It's just that apartment walls are so thin.

I used to live beside sadomasochists once. That was disturbing. I used to live beside a guy who talked to himself while playing video games, which was also disturbing.

Now I live beside someone who watches Friends around the clock. And my other neighbour has two-day long parties with all of his closest male friends.

What's my contribution to my apartment's noise pollution?

Well, lately, I like to sing James Blunt songs in falsetto, with or without the CD to accompany me. I'm sure my neighbours love me, especially since I can't sing.

On Sex and the City, they would call my singing "secret single behavior," an activity you engage in when no one else is around.

For me, I like to sing, but I'll never let anyone hear me do it. Well, hearing me through the walls is okay, as long as I don't know the people listening.

No comments: