Monday, May 08, 2006

Foreshadowing

Sometimes I wonder if life, like movies and books, has foreshadowing events.

Like on Saturday afternoon I watched the First Daughter, which is a fluffy movie about the President’s daughter having a romantic relationship with one of her secret service officers.

Then, that evening, I got an impromptu invitation to go to The Sentinel, a movie that I knew nothing about. I agreed to go anyway.

As it turns out the movie was, in part, about a secret service officer who has an affair with the President’s wife. It was another fluffy movie.

Watching the First Daughter foreshadowed how I would spend my evening, but I did not heed the warning and ended up watching two very mediocre movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well... I'd like to see The Sentinel when it comes out. Mostly because it has Keifer in it. Though it looks like he's pretty much playing Jack Bauer. I'm not one to really like the affair angles movies like to have now adays (more acceptable I guess). Thanks for telling us about the movie. Sorry your day was a mediocre one. *grin*

-n