Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lost cause.

We all take the cards in our wallet for granted until the wallet goes missing.

Not only can people charge up your credit cards, but what will they do with your driver's license? Can we say "identity theft?" Look it up some time. People can do some scary, scary stuff with your ID.

And if your keys disappeared with your driver's license, is someone going to be able to find where you live and someday walk right into your house?

Do what you can to protect yourself. Because, yeah, you don't think it can happen to you. But it can happen to anyone.

Believe me. I know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you no longer live in the Yukon where you would have to be paranoid that one of the killers, rapists, fraud arrests, etc. who you reported on stole or found the wallet and would stalk and kill you.

That would be funny for us, but probably not for you.

Unknown said...

omg.. and i just lost my wallet 4 days ago.. it sux...

Expression ! said...

You are so correct.
And if you are so careless about your Driver's lisence,wallet or Keys and living in Arizona,no one is going to going to protect you from letting your life ruined.So be careful

Kelly said...

Yes, losing your wallet sucks and one needs to be careful, because no one knows what one will do with your information.

Anonymous said...

I just lost my change purse last month. It had my ID and debit card in it. What a hassle. I went to the bank the next morning to get a new one and was told someone tried guessing my PIN seven times the night before, so I can only imagine what they're doing with my ID. Scary shit. I filed a report with police, and called the two credit companies in Canada to put alerts on my account. Fun.

Kelly said...

Yup. It sure does suck.