Tuesday, October 25, 2005

These are a few of my favourite things...

It's getting crazy busy at work. For the next three weeks it will be go, go, go.

But that's life in the media business. Things are slow for the longest of time and then something explodes and you find that you're working non-stop until you drop or until the explosion is cleaned up. Whatever comes first.

But it's during times of craziness where I have moments in which I appreciate the minute details of life.

Today, I was enjoying the driving experience. Something I normally take for granted.

There was frost on my car windows this morning. Normally I hate scrapping my windows, but today I enjoyed the brisk cold air, watching the white curls of frost fall to the ground.

I enjoyed driving to work. I was alone with my thoughts, rocking out to a favourite CD.

It is these moments that bring peace to my life, until someone cuts me off and sends me crashing back down into reality.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I stopped at the gas station too. And I hope your favourite CD isn't one of the god awful ones you made me suffer through up here!

Kelly said...

Yes, Jules. You've been to that gas station. In fact, you were with me. Remember the Skagway train. And, hey, my music is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I knew it looked familiar!
Ahh. Carcross. Crudy gas station. Murderous hotels. People peeing off bridges. The Captian. How could I forget?

Kelly said...

Ahh. The memories.